Made It!

Stansted Airport - note glass of wine
So, at last, after four days of travelling and waiting around, I finally got to see a departure board!  Admittedly there were fewer flights than usual on it, most of them delayed, but at least mine was one of them.

I arrived  at Pisa in the early hours of the morning, to the accompaniment of thunderstorms, but no earthquakes here.   Odd that I missed the Cumbrian quake, after going all the way to New Zealand for the experience!


This morning I woke to a rainy, windy Peralta, but at least it's warm and the sun is peering round a cloud as I write, glinting off the rain dripping from the olive trees. 

Comments

  1. We didn't hear about the Cumbrian quake here. I just did a google search and found it was about 3.5. We are still getting frequent aftershocks of that magnitude - I sleep through most of them. So you might well have "missed" it even if you had been there!
    Glad that you finally made it and will be able to have Christmas together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a relief that must be.
    Have a great time with Neil in lovely Peralta!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeay for making it! Wishing you and yours a lovely Christmas and New Year 2011. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all your good wishes. I've got a glass of prosecco beside me as I write!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts